Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Executive Director will be the focal point for communications, activities, and programs emanating from CAIR Georgia's office in conjunction with CAIR Board of Directors. Specific duties include:
1. General Management:
- Oversee office operations
- Act as the primary contact person for the hiring of staff
- Oversee all departments and supervise staff/volunteers
- Coordinate the maintenance and upkeep of the office facility
2. Fund Development:
- Oversee the organization's fundraising plan and engage in fundraising activities
3. Board of Directors Relations:
- Attend Board meetings
- Assist Board President with preparation of agendas and materials for Board meetings
- Serve a supportive role in ensuring that CAIR Georgia by-laws are being adhered to and followed
4. Community Relations:
- Act as the public face for CAIR Georgia
- Interface and build relationships with community members, organizations, and interfaith leaders
- Interact with Muslim community members on a regular basis
- Keep close contact with other CAIR chapters and CAIR National
5. Media Relations:
- Represent the organization in public forums and media events
- Develop and disseminate news releases, newsletters, action alerts, press statements, and talking points
- Develop relationships with, and interact with, media on an ongoing basis
- Monitor media coverage
6. Civic and Government Relations:
- Engage with local, state, federal government officials on an ongoing basis
- Meet and collaborate with civil rights organizations on common causes
- Oversee educational events and campaigns for community empowerment
7. Program Development:
- Oversee programs, projects and campaigns; assist with trainings
- Develop new programs and campaigns
8. Civil Rights
- Establish CAIR-GA civil rights department, with ability for CAIR-GA to represent clients in house or through an established network of pro-bono attorneys.
9. Other duties as assigned
All CAIR Georgia staff, whether permanent or temporary, are required to assist in general duties such as answering of phones, assisting with office management and cleanup, assisting with special projects such as conferences, conventions, mass mailing, and other CAIR Georgia events. CAIR Georgia employees may be asked to participate in events outside of normal business hours as instructed by CAIR Georgia Board of Directors. (Emergent and priority issues, special circumstances from time to time, flex time)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated leadership, management, time-management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Nonprofit fundraising experience, including knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- A proactive disposition showing interpersonal skills; superior communication (both verbal and written); core computer skills.
- An understanding of civil rights issues relating to Islam and American Muslims.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines; must be able to work well both independently and in a small team environment
- Passion for the mission of the Council on American-Islamic Relations
- A university degree required, with preference for candidates with a masters in fields of non-profit management or communications, or a JD.
This is a Full-Time Position. Some travel is required.
Position: Administrative Assistant
CAIR is seeking a qualified individual for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant at its Washington, D.C., headquarters. The position reports to the National Executive Director.
- Maintaining appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings and conferences for the department directors.
- Managing and maintaining correspondence, including drafting letters and initiating telecommunications for department directors.
- Assisting with writing as needed, including drafting presentations for department staff
- Taking notes in department meetings and following up to ensure action items are accomplished.
- Making all travel arrangements for all department directors.
- Welcoming guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Preparing reports and meeting materials by collecting and analyzing information from department directors and managers.
- Maintaining confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Organizing and managing files and records. Providing historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems. Research ability required.
- Managing the conference room and press room schedules.
- Contributing to team effort by working on other projects as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Background and experience in administrative work, writing and editing, scheduling, use of Microsoft Office, time management, equipment maintenance, travel logistics, verbal communication. The candidate must also have highly developed interpersonal skills. Fluency in languages other than English is an asset.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
CAIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Development Director
CAIR is seeking a qualified individual for the full-time position of development director at its Washington, D.C., headquarters.
The development director is a senior level position responsible for expanding and cultivating donor relationships, managing the organization's planned giving program, and coordinating major and minor gifts. The development director reports to the national executive director.
- Conceive and implement fundraising campaigns for CAIR's national office and chapters.
- Manage communications with donors, including responding to donor questions and requests.
- Cultivate relationships with donors and supporters of CAIR.
- Plan and organize fundraising activities such as dinners, concerts and tours.
- Arrange and deliver presentations to diverse audiences to increase awareness of and support for CAIR's work.
- Prepare reports for donors to inform them of projects and successes.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in fundraising and development and project management.
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit environment and the ability to collaborate with colleagues, board members and volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness and availability for frequent domestic travel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability and ability to connect with audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with donors, community groups and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accountability and to work independently while functioning as part of a coordinated management team.
- Desire work for the protection of civil rights and improving understanding of Islam in America.
- Familiarity, knowledge and experience working with the American Muslim community is desired.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Medical, dental and vision benefits and a retirement plan with employer contributions are offered.
To apply: send resume, cover letter and salary requirements by email to: info[at]cair.com with "Development Director" in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
CAIR is an equal opportunity employer.
The Minnesota Chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-MN) is the state's leading Muslim civil rights organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
The Chapter Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day operations of CAIR-MN, including, but not limited to operations, human resources, marketing, financial & accounting, and event support. Specific duties include:
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; perform clerical functions.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains volunteer and internship program by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training volunteers and interns
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A college degree or other graduate degree preferred.
- Good organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills; superior communication (both verbal and written); core computer skills; a solid understanding of issues relating to Islam and Muslims; and a proactive disposition.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines; must be able to work well both independently and in a small team environment.
- MS Office Experience
- Ability to assist in translation; fluent in Somali
- Constant Contact/email provider service experience
- Website editing experience
- Photoshop experience
- Social media management
In complying with the letter and spirit of applicable laws and pursuing its own goal of diversity, CAIR is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to race, age color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
This site is operated by the Council on American-Islamic Relations' head office in Washington, D.C., as a service to its affiliate CAIR chapters. The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. Please read the job description closely and follow the directions for submitting application materials.