Position: Full time salaried
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization with chapters across the country. The national headquarters is located on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C.
CAIR's vision is to be a leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding. Its core mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
CAIR is seeking a full time Executive Assistant for its Washington D.C. office. This position will report to the National Executive Director.
- Maintaining executive director's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, interviews, and speaking engagements.
- Managing and maintaining executive director's correspondence, including drafting letters and initiating telecommunications.
- Perform administrative tasks including filing documents and maintaining records.
- Assisting with writing as needed, including drafting speeches and presentations based on input from executive director.
- Taking notes in executive director's meetings and following up to ensure action items are accomplished.
- Making all travel arrangements for executive director and national board members.
- Welcoming guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Preparing reports and meeting materials by collecting and analyzing information.
- Maintaining confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Organizing and managing executive director's files and records. Providing historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Contributing to team effort by working on other projects as needed.
- Managing the ED’s social media profiles.
- Managing the conference room and press room schedules.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Travel, weekends, and hours beyond the traditional work week will be required.
- 3-5 years of experience in an administrative setting
- Bachelor’s degree (English, Communication, Humanities, or related field preferred)
- Background and experience in administrative work
- Advanced communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Advanced editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Scheduling and travel logistics/arrangements
- Use of Microsoft Office suite of products as well as office equipment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and teamwork capabilities
- Fluency in languages other than English is an asset – Arabic highly preferred
How to Apply