(BOSTON, MA, 03/13/17) - On Sunday, April 2nd, eighteen mosques across Massachusetts will hold an Open-Mosque Day to provide an opportunity for the wider public to meet their Muslim neighbors.
Attendees will have the opportunity to tour a mosque, hear a brief introduction to Islam, and witness a Muslim prayer service.
“In this time of widespread misunderstanding about Islam, we hope to show our communities that their Muslim neighbors live, pray, and dream just like anyone else,” said Wafaa Wahabi of the American Islamic Center in Everett, MA. “We’re proud to open our doors, on this day and every day.”
WHEN: Sunday, April 2nd, from 3-6 pm
- IMAN Islamic Center - Ithna-asheri Muslim Association of the Northeast (IMAN) (5 Altamont Road, Quincy, MA 02169)
- The Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center (ISBCC) (100 Malcolm X Boulevard, Roxbury, MA 02120) *NOTE: The ISBCC will open its doors from 4-6pm.
- The Islamic Society of Boston – Cambridge (204 Prospect Street, Cambridge, MA 02139)
- Masjid Al-Ehsan (2 Cove Road, Dartmouth, MA 02748)
- Boston Islamic Center (2870 Washington Street, Roxbury, MA 02119)
- The Islamic Center of New England at Quincy (470 South Street, Quincy, MA 02169)
- The Islamic Society of Greater Haverill (241 Winter Street, Haverill, MA 01830)
- The Islamic Center of New England at Sharon (74 Chase Drive, Sharon, MA 02067)
- The Islamic Center of Boston, Wayland (126 Boston Post Road, Wayland, MA 01778)
- Masjid-e-Basheer (234 Union Avenue, Framingham, MA 01702)
- Yusuf Mosque (186 Chestnut Hill Avenue, Brighton, MA 02135)
- The Allston-Brighton Islamic Center (15 North Beacon St #4, Allston, MA 02134)
- The American Muslim Center (82 Spring Street, Everett, MA 02149)
- The Outreach Reform Community Center (22 Pleasant Street, Malden, MA 02148)
- The Islamic Society of Greater Lowell (131 Stedman Street #9&10, Chelmsford, MA 01824)
- Al-Roda Mosque (5 Crest Street, Dorchester, MA 02121)
- Islamic Society of North Shore, Masjid Us-Salam (35 Lynnfield Street, Lynn, MA 01904) *NOTE: Masjid Us-Salam will open its doors from 1-6pm.
- The Islamic Masumeen Center of New England (115 Wood Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748)
Two other mosques, the Worcester Islamic Center and Al-Huda Society of Chelsea, will be holding separate open-mosque days in May.
CAIR-Massachusetts is a chapter of America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties of all people, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
- END –