Anwar Ibrahim To Speak At CAIR Conference In DC
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 4/26/05) - CAIR is pleased to announce that former Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim will be the keynote speaker at its “Islamophobia and Anti-Americanism: Causes and Remedies” conference in Washington, D.C. Ibrahim will speak at the May 14th conference banquet.
WHEN: Friday, May 13 to Sunday, May 15, 2005 (Conference Banquet, Saturday, May 14)
WHERE: Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner, 8661 Leesburg Pike ~ Vienna, VA (703-448-1234) To view a complete conference program or to register online, go to: http://www.cair-net.org/2005conference/ CAIR's 2005 annual conference brings together scholars, researchers, religious leaders, and community activists to discuss issues related to the twin phenomena of growing anti-Muslim bigotry in the West and increasing anti-American sentiments in the Islamic world.
Conference participants will take part in sessions focusing on:
* Islamophobia and Anti-Americanism in the Media
* The Impact of Islamophobia and Anti-Americanism on Civil Rights and Policy-Making
* Anti-Americanism and U.S. Foreign Policy
* Islam and American Relations with the Muslim World
* Misconceptions about Christians and Muslims in Public Discourse
* Reasserting Mainstream Religious Values NEW
REGISTRATION OPTION: $75 Single-Day - A new $75 day-rate has been announced for CAIR's 2005 Annual Conference, "Islamophobia and Anti-Americanism: Causes and Remedies.” The $75 cost will include the full May 14th program, two meals and the Anwar Ibrahim address. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org call 202-488-8787 ext. 6050, to register for the single-day rate.
1. To REGISTER for the full conference, go to: http://www.cair-net.org/2005conference/
2. To register for THE $75 SINGLE-DAY RATE, E-mail email@example.com call 202-488-8787 ext. 6050.
3. VOLUNTEERS are also needed for CAIR's Conference. Please call 202-488-8787 ext. 6050, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. BOOK NOW FOR BEST HOTEL RATE: The new hotel room rate is now $89/night. Please call 703-448-1234 to reserve your room. Remember to ask for the CAIR conference rate. Rate is available up to May 1, 2005. Register early to guarantee this rate.
NOTE: CAIR offers an e-mail list designed to be a window to the American Muslim community. Subscribers to the list, called CAIR-NET, receive news releases and other materials dealing with American Muslim positions on issues of importance to our society.
To SUBSCRIBE to or UNSUBSCRIBE from this list, go to: http://cair.biglist.com/cair-net/ To reach the list moderator, send a message to: email@example.com