Description: The Board of Directors is seeking an experienced Board Coordinator.
Title: Board Coordinator
Position: Contract Position (1099) 80 hours or less per month
Reports to: The Board Chair
Purpose: To provide administrative support to the CAIR National Board of Directors and associated committees. The work is limited to interactions with Board of Director Members.
Work requires a high level of discretion, detail, and often requires the use and handling of administration information. However, the Executive Director may delegate a task or tasks to a particular National staff member who may communicate with this position about the task or tasks assigned only.
This position is not authorized to interact with staff of chapters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create Meeting Timelines, prepare and distribute Meeting notifications
- Create and maintain board booklets
- Maintain list of Board members and committee members including contact info and terms of positions.
- Create mailings for the board and committees
- Mail, track and follow-up on annual conflict of interest disclosures.
- Schedule appointments and maintain the Board Chair’s Calendar.
- Maintain and publish (for board) a calendar of committee meetings.
- Notify board members of board meetings in a timely fashion.
- Notify committee members of committee meetings in a timely fashion.
- Poll the board, as needed, in order to arrange face-to-face meetings.
- Assists Chair and Secretary in on boarding new board members.
- Drafts Board communications at the direction of the Board Chair.
- Manages all correspondence around meeting execution.
- Manages Board SharePoint.
Qualifications; Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a combination of training and experience which provides requisite knowledge, ability and skills to perform the essential functions of the job. A minimum of four (4) years of experience in administrative and office functions.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Computer proficiency with the MS Office Suite, and other software as needed and a high level of knowledge of general office and A/V equipment.
- Ability to create and present MS PowerPoint and videos using data projector/laptop computer. Knowledge of database preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Proven technical, statistical and qualitative analysis skills related to report and Board material preparation.
- Project management skills. Ability to provide accurate information, plan and manage multiple tasks and individuals, set own goals, establish priorities and meet ambitious deadlines in a timely manner.
- Maintains a professional image always.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter with resume, a writing sample, a list of three professional references, salary history along with current/target compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Board Coordinator in the subject line.
Applicants must submit all of the requested materials or the application packet will be marked incomplete.