(WASHINGTON, D.C., 7/18/19) – Four representatives from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, will speak later this month at the inaugural Muslim Collective for Equitable Democracy Conference, alongside other activists, community leaders, scholars, and elected officials.
- CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad will speak on the “Political Inclusion: Making Democracy Work for All” panel on Wednesday, July 24 from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- CAIR Research and Advocacy Director Abbas Barzegar will moderate the “Muslim Civic Health in Crisis” panel on Tuesday, July 23 from 2:15 to 3:30 p.m.
- CAIR Director of Government Affairs Robert McCaw will join the “Issue Based Advocacy: Health, Climate, Economic and Racial Justice” panel on Tuesday, July 23 from 10:30 to 11:45 a.m.
- CAIR Senior Litigation Attorney Gadeir Abbaswill join the “Keeping Up the Fight Against the Muslim Ban” panel on Wednesday, July 24, from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m.
WHAT: Inaugural Muslim Collective for Equitable Democracy Conference
WHEN: July 23 – 24, 2019
WHERE: National Housing Center, 1201 15th St. NW, Washington, D.C., 20005
CONTACT: CAIR Government Affairs Director Robert McCaw, 202-999-8292, firstname.lastname@example.org; CAIR National Research and Advocacy Director Abbas Barzegar, 202-742-6413, email@example.com; CAIR Senior Litigation Attorney Gadeir Abbas, 720-251-0425, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured speakers at the conference include:
- Representative Rashida Tlaib (D-MI)
- Representative Ilhan Omar (D-MN)
- Representative Susan Wild (D-PA)
- Attorney General of Minnesota Keith Ellison
- Omar Suleiman American Muslim scholar, civil rights activist, writer, and speaker
- Abdul El-Sayed, a former candidate in Michigan's 2018 gubernatorial election
- And more.
To learn more and register for the event follow the link: https://www.muslimcaucuscollective.org/
The last day to register online for the Muslim Collective for Equitable Democracy conference is July 21, 2019.
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misión de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensión del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.