CAIR Central California Outreach Coordinator (Full or Part Time)
CAIR California is looking for a passionate and talented individual to fill the newly created Outreach Coordinator position for the Central California region. Join one of the most dynamic teams defending civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community, promoting civic engagement, and building coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
This position entails coordinating CAIR-CA’s work in Fresno and Central Valley area. Tasks include community relations & organizing, media & political advocacy, delivering programs, fundraising, and general administrative duties.
Outreach Coordinator will be based in Central California and will serve as a liaison between the local community and CAIR. Responsibilities include:
- Work with Islamic centers, MSAs, and other faith communities and communities of color on a variety of social justice issues
- Recruit and establish relationships with volunteers and community activists
- Provide presence at relevant organizations’ (college campuses, nonprofits, mosques, etc.) events, activities, and meetings
- Establish and maintain community support for CAIR Central California.
- Deliver CAIR-CA programs, interactive workshops, training sessions, and forums
- Manage recruitment and coordination of participants to CAIR-CA programs.
- Community organizing and advocacy
- Manage fundraising campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of experience working with clients, customers, etc.
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic.
- Experience working with the American Muslim community.
- Must have capability to work on multiple projects or tasks at a time.
- Excellent oral and written communication and managerial skills to interface with staff, community leaders, volunteers, and donors in a professional and effective manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook software
This position reports to the CAIR Sacramento Valley Executive Director.
- Compensation based on education, skills and experience
- Benefits extended to full time employees include: medical, dental and retirement plan
- Opportunity for professional development and work experience with the largest American Muslim advocacy organization in the country
Performance Review: Please note that all new employees go through a background check and a 3-month probation period.
All those interested and eligible to work in the U.S. (citizens or proper work visa holders) are encouraged to apply with a cover letter and a comprehensive resume stating education, work history, and references to:
Programs and Administrative Coordinator
(When applying via email, please be sure to write the position title in the subject of the email.)
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE