Job Title: Bakersfield Community Organizer (Full-time, non-exempt) – Temporary September 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020
Title: Bakersfield Community Organizer
Reports to: Outreach Director
Schedule: Full-time, non-exempt
Location: Office located in Anaheim, CA. This position is remote and based in Bakersfield. It requires travel throughout the Bakersfield area with periodic visits to the CAIR Fresno office.
Pay Range: $20 – $25/hr.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent the organization in coalition meetings and work collaboratively on joint efforts and campaigns with community organizations and coalition partners
- Speak publicly on behalf of the organization at rallies, town halls, media, and mosque events
- Galvanize support of public officials, faith leaders, grassroots leaders, allies, donors, and new and diverse communities for organizing campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of experience in base building, volunteer recruitment, leadership, and strategy development
- Experience in community organizing
- Passion for CAIR’s mission and values
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, organizing, and communication skills
- Ballot initiative or electoral campaign experience highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed individual, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple ongoing initiatives
- Familiarity, knowledge, and experience working with the American Muslim community
- Work experience with a nonprofit organization or in a related field
- Willingness and flexibility to change job requirements as the team grows
- Valid automobile driver’s license and working vehicle required; this position will involve extensive travel throughout the Central California region. Must be able to accommodate a variable work schedule including nights and weekends.
- Full-time with occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience