Due to COVID-19, our hiring process has slowed. We are continuing to accept and review applications. Hiring will be postponed until after the stay-at-home order has been lifted. Thank you for your patience.
Title: Deputy Executive Director
Reports to: CEO
Schedule Type: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Office located in Anaheim, CA. It requires some travel throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area.
Salary Range: $85,000-$115,000
CAIR-LA is seeking a passionate and talented Deputy Executive Director to direct and supervise all administration and programing functions including overseeing the day-to-day operations, developing and implementing program strategies, building program and staff capacity, and ensuring organizational financial sustainability. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director will provide strategic vision and leadership, lead infrastructure development and programmatic oversight, and manage CAIR-LA’s dedicated and talented team. This position offers a unique opportunity to join the management team at one of the nation’s largest CAIR offices at a time in history where the American Muslim community is facing both incredible challenges and opportunities.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the organization and assume responsibility for directing the organization in the absence of the Executive Director
- Develop and implement an organization-wide approach to administrative and programmatic alignment
- Coordinate with Executive Director and Operations team to develop annual priorities, monitor progress towards meeting the organization’s goals, and evaluate the performance of departments and programs
- Develop systems and methods for measuring and regularly evaluating the organization’s impact and progress against goals
- Partner with the Executive Director to facilitate a vision-setting process with the management team and bring that vision to life through staff at all levels
- Facilitate strategic planning for the organization’s growth and ensure that organizational activities and programs are aligned
- Directly supervise department heads, supporting and empowering CAIR-LA’s management team to lead effectively
- Collaborate with staff and managers to ensure successful execution of activities and programs
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities
- Collaborate with the Operations and Finance team to evaluate financial statements, provide budgeting, and forecasting
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including the development and maintenance of contacts with key funding sources, and collaborate with the Executive Director and Development team to achieve fundraising goals
- Maintain and enhance existing relationships and develop new strategic relationships with external parties including local Muslim communities, other community-based organizations and stakeholders, and interfaith leaders through coalition building
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of senior management experience in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or government agency
- Master’s Degree in a related field (preferred)
- Familiarity with social justice issues impacting the Muslim community and a strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission
- Demonstrated leadership, personnel management, and time management abilities
- An observable track record of success in developing or improving organizational capacity, with an eye toward opportunities for process improvement
- Detailed experience with fiscal management, including program budgeting and cash flow analysis
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
- Excellent research, oral, and written communication to interface with media professionals, community leaders, government officials, and staff in a professional and effective manner
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines; must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Knowledge of cloud applications such as SharePoint, Office365, and social media applications (preferred)
- Access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to drive throughout the greater Los Angeles area
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by February 29, 2020. Due to COVID-19, our hiring process has slowed. We are continuing to accept and review applications. Hiring will be postponed until after the stay-at-home order has been lifted. Thank you for your patience.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.