Title: Immigrants’ Rights Advocate
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Schedule Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt Location:
Office located in Anaheim, CA. Requires some travel throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area.
Pay Range: DOJ Accredited Representative $49,000 – $59,000, Non-accredited Representative $42,000 – $53,000
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct client intakes and investigate legal claims
- Prepare applications and petitions for submission to USCIS
- Prepare applications for review by attorneys for submission to USCIS
- Generating statistics, data, and reports for internal and external use, including relevant financial reporting for grants and client attorney fees when necessary
- Participate in community outreach and educational events, including planning, organizing and conducting legal workshops
- Communicate with outside parties including attorneys, employers, law enforcement agents, and administrative agencies
- Research legal issues, prepare documents and provide administrative support
- Draft complaints, briefs, letters, memos, and non-legal documents that may include community advisories, issue briefs, and other reports
- Other duties as assigned
- DOJ Accreditation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college
- Experience in immigration law, including experience in interacting with clients, case assessment, application assembly, and legal research
- Demonstrated commitment to immigrants’ rights
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and work independently
- Familiarity with Westlaw and other legal search engines, proficiency in legal research
- Strong time management skills with a demonstrated ability for meeting deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with the American Muslim community preferred
- Evenings, weekends work may be required.
- Fully paid Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental Plan for employee and dependents
- Paid time off for incoming staff includes: 12 Paid vacation days, 10 holidays, and 10 sick days
- IRA matching program
- Professional development budget
Please note that all new employees go through a background check and a 90-day introductory period.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.