Title: Immigrants’ Rights Associate Director
Schedule: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Office located in Anaheim, CA. Staff currently works remotely.
Your Role: CAIR-LA’s Immigrants’ Rights Associate Director will primarily be tasked with increasing the impact of the department within Muslim, African, Middle Eastern, South Asian, and other immigrant and refugee communities in the Greater Los Angeles area. This includes leading strategic initiatives that increase the departments legal services, efficiency, funding, educational outreach, and policy influence. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a growing team.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $100,000
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic initiatives to increase the impact of CAIR-LA’s Immigrants’ Rights Center
- Build a team-centered client service model, and monitor issues related to services to manage on-going engagement and client expectations
- Directly supervise, mentor, and support staff and provide opportunities for professional development and growth
- Participate in and supervise the immigration departments engagement in coalitions advocating for immigrants’ rights
- Represent immigration clients on immigration issues in front of USCIS, EOIR, BIA, Circuit Court of Appeals, and California State courts
- Provide representation and legal advice to clients in removal proceedings
- Train staff and assist with their professional development
- Manage subgrantee relationships and partnerships for grant and project collaborations
- Develop projects and relationships with funders and foundations to increase the sustainability and growth of the department
- Collaborate with the development department staff to secure future funding to sustain and grown the work
- Lead strategic external messaging on issues of immigration policy and reform for the Immigrants’ Rights Center in collaboration with communication and policy department
- Co-create and supervise outreach and educational strategies to increase the departments impact
- Lead the Immigrants’ Rights Center’s participation on campaigns, projects, and publications such as legal report, annual report, immigrants’ rights reception, etc
- Minimum of 5 years’ immigration l experience with at least 3 years of managing experience. 7+ years of immigration experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of policy or communications experience.
- Law degree from and American Bar Association accredited school
- California State Bar admission
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest law and immigrants’ rights
- Excellent written, oral, and analytical skills
- Experience managing staff
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Familiarity with Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, and other legal search engines, proficiency in legal research
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and AMEMSA immigrant communities
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area
- Full-time with occasional evenings and weekends required
- Occasional travel locally for outreach including participating in community events and coalition meetings
- All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks as required
- Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental Plan for staff members, their spouse, and their children
- Paid time off for incoming staff includes: 12 Paid vacation days, 10 holidays, and 10 sick days
- IRA matching program, holidays, and generous vacation and personal time off policies
- Budget for legal association membership fee, bar license renewal fee, CLE funding support, and malpractice insurance
- Professional development budget
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.