Title: Programs Coordinator
Schedule Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Office located in Anaheim, CA. Requires some travel throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area.
Pay Range: $23.00 – $25.00
DUTIES & RESPONSIBITLIES:
- Lead all logistical tasks for all CAIR-LA flagship programs, including but not limited to, Muslim Day on the Capitol (MDAC), Know Your Rights workshops, Manzanar Pilgrimage, Muslim Gamechangers Network, Muslim Youth Leadership Program, Bridging Communities, and other educational and leadership programs
- Develop relationships with mosques, interfaith groups, civil rights and advocacy organizations and corporate entities to increase and expand programing efforts throughout Southern California.
- Coordinate with graphic design and social media team to create and market all CAIR-LA programming
- Organize and execute events including: securing the speaker, event bookings, educational programs, interactive workshops, training session, forms, arranging for food, coordinating with the audiovisual team, securing lodging and travel arrangements for speakers, and other event-related matters
- Coordinate with volunteers in different localities to facilitate in person marketing of all programs
- Maintain an annual events calendar and events timeline
- Coordinate outreach and marketing efforts by tabling and flyering at mosques and community events
- Other relevant tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years of equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high degree of professionalism
- Self-directed individual, strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple ongoing initiatives
- Experience with event planning, conducting outreach and working with volunteers
- Familiarity, knowledge and experience working with the American Muslim community
- Work experience with a non-profit organization or in a related field
- Willingness and flexibility to change job requirements as the team grows
- Evenings and weekends required.
- Fully paid Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental Plan for employee and dependents
- Paid time off for incoming staff includes: 12 Paid vacation days, 10 holidays, and 10 sick days
- IRA matching program
- Professional development budget
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.