Job Summary: We are seeking Civic Engagement Outreach Workers to conduct outreach on the 2020 Census, which will impact the future of our state and the well-being of our region’s communities! This paid position requires individuals to engage, educate and mobilize community members about the Census through phone-banking programs!
Hours: June through August, Sunday-Thursday, 3:00pm to 6:00pm Pacific Time.
Pay Rate: $18/hour
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make calls to inform community members about the Census with a provided contact list.
- Calls will be made through a predictive dialer software with phone numbers assigned.
- Have regular goals to get people engaged in the Census.
- Stay on messaging regarding appealing to people to complete the Census.
- Virtually attend any informational and training workshops.
- Need to be willing to continually learn and improve outreach skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- Must remain organized and accurate when recording their activities or maintaining their materials.
- Must maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude. Individuals must be professional and self-directed.
- Commit to regular attendance and punctuality for designated shifts.
- Bilingual preferred.
To apply: Please email us your resume and cover letter HERE.