CAIR San Francisco Bay Area is looking for a passionate and detail-oriented individual to fill the Administrative Assistant position. Join one of the most dynamic teams serving the American Muslim community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar to schedule speaking, meeting, and media requests; handles travel logistics accordingly
- Direct all incoming calls, mail, speaking, and meeting requests to appropriate staff
- Schedule ongoing internal meetings among management, staff, and board
- Assist, as needed, with HR by posting jobs, coordinating interviews, and planning various staff social events
- Ensure all IT systems are working effectively, including managing technology vendors and supporting staff
- Ensure shared spaces are properly maintained and supply orders are regular to provide support for day-to-day functions as well as special events
- Own or help with events as needed throughout the year
- Identify areas of growth, improvement, and potential upgrades as needed in the office and execute on approved projects
- Make weekly bank deposits and various financial updates, support invoicing, and support development efforts to communicate with donors
- Track donations for major fundraisers and provides updates in real-time
- Handle vendor contracts, supplies orders and other aspects of Annual Gala
All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- Flexible, energetic, and positive
- Highly motivated, innovative, and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects with numerous dependent sub-tasks efficiently and thoughtfully
- Excellent oral and written communication to professionally and effectively interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, clients, and staff
- Ability to work with people of diverse socioeconomic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
- Regular access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout Northern California for events and outreach
- A strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission
- Experience working with the American Muslim community
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, Urdu
- Familiarity working with QuickBooks and other CRM systems
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and WordPress
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & LOCATION
The Administrative Assistant will be based in CAIR’s Santa Clara office and report to the Executive Director.
Full-time with occasional evenings and weekends required for community outreach events.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Generous benefits package includes with fully paid employee and dependent coverage for health, vision, and dental; a 3% pension matching program; and paid time off including (10) holidays, (12) vacation days, and (10) personal days.
- Annual professional and personal development budget
Please submit (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, and (3) the names and contact information of three references, using the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by May 31, 2020.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.