Title: Administrative Assistant
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Areas of Focus: Scheduling, communications, bookkeeping, general office management
Location: Santa Clara, CA
The Position/Role: CAIR San Francisco Bay Area is looking for a passionate and detail oriented individual to fill the newly created Administrative Assistant position. Join one of the most dynamic teams serving the American Muslim community.
Time Commitment: Full-time with evenings and weekends required for presentations and community outreach events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Handle day to day communications and scheduling for the Executive Director and other managerial employees
- Answers and routes calls, takes messages, sorts and delivers mail, responds to or routes e-mail inquiries, and greets office visitors
- Proofreads reports and written documentation
- Process payments and donations, maintain CRM database, and general data entry
- Maintain paper and electronic filing system
- Handle basic bookkeeping responsibilities
- Order office supplies as well as track and maintain inventory
- Setup office equipment such as phones, copier, and projectors
- Produce reports for internal team meetings
- Make travel and lodging arrangements for team members
- Other duties as assigned
All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, and Word Press
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited time
- Excellent oral and written communication to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and staff in a professional and effective manner
- Experience with and proficiency in public speaking before diverse audiences
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout Northern California for events and outreach in an on-demand capacity
- A strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission
This position reports to the Executive Director and Operations Director.
- Experience working with the American Muslim community
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi or Urdu
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, pension matching program, holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, and (3) the names and contact information of three references, to: email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative Assistant”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by April 30, 2018.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.