CAIR San Francisco Bay Area is recruiting for a highly motivated candidate for its Development Coordinator role. The position will be responsible for executing the organization’s fast-paced and grassroots fundraising efforts.
- Steward donors through regular communications, donor appreciation, and follow up
- Coordinate and draft fundraising mailers and online giving campaigns
- Work with the Programs Manager to plan the annual banquet, including securing sponsorships, marketing, and other related tasks
- Coordinate expansion of existing monthly donor program
- Coordinate special events such as informational dinners
- Implement and promote planned giving program
- Coordinate corporate matching program
- Partner with colleagues across CAIR California and the broader CAIR network on shared resource development
- Work with the Executive Director and Grant Writer to research and apply for potential funding opportunities and track and submit grant reports
Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills. All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, and other office tasks.
- Familiarity, knowledge, and experience working with the American Muslim community
- Work experience in a community, faith-based, and/or non-profit organization, or in a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication and managerial skills to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and staff in a professional and effective manner
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and CRM platforms
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited time
- Experience with and proficiency in public speaking before an audience
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to the diverse Muslim community
- Highly motivated, self-initiating, and energetic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout Northern California for events and outreach in an on-demand capacity
- A strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree and/or two or more years’ experience specifically in grassroots community-focused fundraising efforts in the non-profit sector
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and Network for Good
- Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or Urdu
- Compensation in the range of $22-28/hourly, commensurate with experience
- Fully paid Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental Plan for employee and dependents
- 3% pension matching contribution
- 10 paid holidays, 10 sick days, and 12 vacation days
Please submit (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a brief writing sample, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, using the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by June 30, 2021.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.