CAIR San Francisco Bay Area is looking for a passionate, experienced individual to fill the Programs Manager position. The Programs Manager will execute and oversee our signature annual programs, facilitate regular workshops, develop new programming in coordination with the legal and advocacy team, and the support of a Programs Coordinator, for the Bay Area Muslim community.
Title: Programs Manager
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Executive Director, Supervises Programs Coordinator
Schedule Type: Full-time (Exempt). Occasional evenings and weekends required.
Location: Based in CAIR’s Santa Clara office. CAIR staff are currently working a hybrid schedule, with three days in-person and two days remote. Requires some travel throughout the Bay Area (vehicle and driver’s license required).
- Managing CAIR’s annual events calendar, flagship CAIR programs, and annual gala
- Delivering CAIR-SFBA public educations programs, interactive workshops, training sessions, and forums
- Promoting and strengthening volunteer and intern engagement
- Produce and publish a CAIR-SFBA-wide events calendar on six-month rolling basis; establish quality controls and feedback surveys after each event
- Single point of contact for the strategy, promotion, event planning, and organization (i.e. venue, F&B, travel), and delivery of CAIR-SFBA programs for various departments (i.e. legal, development, advocacy, communications, etc.)
- Chair annual gala with support of Communications, Development, and Executive staff, handling sponsorships and event management (e.g. venue, catering, volunteer management, and silent auction)
- Single point of contact for the delivery of flagship programs including, but not limited to, Muslim Gamechangers Network, Muslim Day at the Capital, and Muslim Youth Leadership Program
Volunteer & Internship Programs
- Single point of contact for management of internships and legal clerkships (e.g. recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling)
- Single point of contact for volunteer management (e.g. recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling)
- Establish relationships with volunteers and community activists; manage volunteer data base, and deploy teams for engagement activities
- Represent and/or speak publicly on behalf of CAIR-SFBA at partner and ally groups or organizations’ meetings, events, and activities as needed
- Draft, revise and keep current training programs slides and department guides and manuals
- Oversee general speaking requests and assigning across departments
- Participate in CAIR-SFBA’s Management Team, including regular meetings, advice to executives, and facilitation of organizational goals
Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills. All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and/or four or more years’ relevant work experience including at minimum one-year managing staff and volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including compassionate communication, cultural sensitivity, problem-solving, and asking for help when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills both in person, by phone, and on virtual platforms to interface and collaborate with staff, community leaders, volunteers, and donors with professionalism and a willingness to learn from others through hearing different perspectives
- Strong time management, including being intentional about planning ahead based on goals and desired outcomes; ability to prioritize projects and tasks among competing deadlines
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, and virtual and social media platforms
- Commitment to social justice and CAIR’s mission and values
- Familiarity, knowledge, and experience working with the American Muslim community
- Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work situations and changing priorities
- Communications experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple ongoing initiatives
- Conversational proficiency in Amharic, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Somali, or Urdu
- Compensation in the range of $63,000-75,000/annually, commensurate with experience
- Fully paid Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental Plan for employee and dependents
- 3% retirement matching contribution
- 10 paid holidays, 10 sick days, and 12 vacation days
Please submit (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a brief writing sample, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, using the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered or reviewed.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.