Reporting to the CAIR-Florida Regional Operations Director (ROD), the Interfaith and Youth Program Director (IYPD) is primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of CAIR-Florida’s Interfaith and Youth Program initiatives state wide. In addition, the IYPD is responsible for the execution of CAIR-Florida’s Vision and Mission.
Vision and Mission
CAIR-Florida’s vision is to be a leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding.
CAIR-Florida’s mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
- Responsible for maintaining collaborative relationships with stakeholder communities in Florida that include nonprofit organizations; federal, state and local government entities; adult educators; and advocacy- and faith-based groups. Through these relationships, the (IYPD) will champion the needs of American Muslims to dispel the misunderstanding that fosters Islamophobia through relationship building, educational programs, campaigns, and civic service.
- Responsible for implementing the initiatives of CAIR-Florida’s Interfaith Program which will include developing relationships with the leadership and members of other faiths throughout the state. Programming will be focused on educational and extracurricular activities to enhance the understanding of Islam and the Muslim community.
- Responsible for representing Islam and CAIR-Florida at civic and religious meetings, professional conferences, community partner events, and more. Serve as CAIR-Florida’s religious liaison with the outside community by connecting with local clubs, other religious groups, and/or organizations. Will also be responsible for delivering and/or arranging Khutbahs throughout the state of Florida to empower American Muslims by amplifying the CAIR message and services that are offered by CAIR-Florida.
- Responsible for creating and implementing CAIR-Florida’s Youth Development Program initiatives throughout the state of Florida to empower young Muslims and serve as a role model for them to follow. Also responsible for recruiting, training, and managing youth volunteers throughout the state by establishing a positive rapport with children, parents, community leaders, and schools.
- Responsible for executing youth conventions in all cities where CAIR-Florida has offices and operations.
Strengthen Community Relations
- Actively engage and energize CAIR-Florida clients, stake holders, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders by media appearances and by participating in events.
- Be available in emergency situations to respond to the community and/or individual concerns as directed by CED and/or ROD.
- Serve as spokesperson for CAIR-Florida and proactively engage in countering Islamophobia.
- Bachelor’s degree; substantial life experience will be considered
- Five year’s minimum experience with youth and faith-based organizations, interfaith and youth networks, and working across faith traditions
- In-depth knowledge of Islamic culture, history, and religion, preferably from an accredited Islamic Institution and/or a recognized un-broken chain of scholars or teachers to the Prophet Muhammad PBUH; Arabic-speaking a plus
- Excellent follow-through, responsiveness, and attention to detail; ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and volunteers
- Strong verbal and writing skills and ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Personal commitment to furthering Islamic engagement of interfaith families and an appreciation of the importance of doing so in strengthening Islamic identity and community
- Experience working with coalitions of diverse groups and demonstrated commitment to racial, ethnic religious, and economic diversity.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative and professional environment
- Excellent writing skills, able to communicate with others, familiar with media outlets and platforms, ability to solve problems, strong public speaking skills
- Valid driver’s license
Any CAIR-Florida Office: Tampa, South Florida, Orlando, or Panama City
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Safiah Khan, Office Manager, 954.272.0490; firstname.lastname@example.org