Skills and Education Requirements:
To successfully perform the required duties as a law clerk, it is imperative that you have certain skills and personal abilities. The most significant skills are strong organizational abilities with an eye for detail and effective time management to meet important deadlines. Effective communication skills with superiors, subordinates and most importantly with clients, are essential. Other necessary skills that are required is the ability to grasp new concepts for quick learning, good comprehension and writing abilities, and proficiency while using computers and other necessary equipment such as fax machines, copiers and work related software.
The minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor’s degree or previous experience within the legal field as a legal assistant, legal intern or law clerk is preferred.
Minimum of a two-year commitment.
Fluency in second language is preferred, but not required.
Given below is a list of law clerk duties.
- Receiving and making telephone calls, drafting and typing office memos, obtaining detailed fact summaries of cases, and other administrative duties.
- Drafting legal memorandums on topics connected to pending civil rights and immigration matters
- Assist attorneys in devising, proofreading and executing legal documents.
- Required to keep records of case files and other important documents.
- Aid attorneys by collecting and organizing client information such as their employment status and records.
- Take notes in important meetings such as legal hearings and client meetings and interviews and maintain relevant records.
- Taking care of client documentation by filling out required forms.
- Other duties include maintaining necessary correspondence with clients by keeping them informed about the latest developments regarding the case, and sending across necessary documents via e-mail, fax or post. Communicate this information to the relevant subordinates, colleagues and superiors.
- Compiling, verifying and categorizing data.
- Monitoring and calendaring case deadlines
- Analyzing available data and suggests some of the best solutions to solve a problem or case.
If you are interested, please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work for CAIR Florida and your salary requirements, to Majda Rahmanovic, Community Planning and Development Director at MRahmanovic@cair.com
Positions will remain open until filled by qualified candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary Range: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
Location: Sunrise, FL