CAIR-New York is looking for a creative, passionate, and talented individual to assist the Development Department grow income through grant opportunities. Responsibilities will include successfully researching, applying for, and managing grant deliverables, creating relationships with grantors, implementing existing projects, and initiating new opportunities.
The role requires strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision. The candidate must be comfortable working productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a rapidly growing organization.
Part Time (20 hours weekly)
Duties and Responsibilities
- All activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, government, and corporate sources.
- Research potential grants, stay up-to-date on current and potential partners’ work to explore opportunities, arrange meetings to build/maintain relationships with funders
- Write/edit LOIs and grant proposals of various lengths
- Work with other departments to gather information necessary to complete the application and reporting requirements
- Maintain system for document tracking, following up on grant deliverables, and submitting reports as required in a timely basis
- Provide regular updates on CAIR-NY’s work to grant makers
All CAIR-NY staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- Strong writing skills; ability to write persuasive proposals
- Bachelor’s Degree and previous grant writing experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet strict deadlines
- Must have strong initiative and demonstrate the ability to learn in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- A record of measurable results in organizing and implementing initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) 1-2 work samples, and (4) the names and contact information of three references, to: email@example.com with the subject line “Grant Writer.”
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CAIR-NY is an equal opportunity employer.