The outreach and volunteer coordinator (OVC) facilitates community outreach, coalition building, and volunteer engagement as part of CAIR-NY’s growing team. The OVC will be primarily tasked with organizing outreach events at Muslim community centers and masajid, overseeing a diverse array of volunteer working groups, and building coalitions. The OVC will also play a major role in shaping strategies for CAIR-NY’s social media presence and community communications. The OVC will independently manage projects, supervising volunteers and interns.
· Substantial experience in grass roots mobilization, civil rights/issue advocacy;
· Impeccable writing skills;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Strong problem solving, time-management, and organizational skills;
· Strong proficiency in digital outreach and social media engagement;
· Experience with event planning and project management;
· Experience with strategic messaging and issue-framing;
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex projects;
· Driver’s license preferred; and
· Full time (40 hours a week) with occasional nighttime and weekend work.
Location and Reporting
The Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator will be based in CAIR-NY’s New York City office and reports to the Executive Director.
Commitment and Compensation
Full-time with occasional evenings and weekends required; compensation commensurate with experience
Please send the following: (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a brief example of your writing (max 10 pages), and (4) the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “OVC Application.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
CAIR-NY is an equal opportunity employer.