CAIR-Ohio is seeking a driven Community Affairs Directors to be based in our Cincinnati office.
The Community Affairs Director will organize, engage, and educate the American Muslim community in Ohio around various issues such as voting, advocacy, civil rights, and more. This person will also be expected to engage in development, including soliciting funds.
The prospective employee must reside in Southwest Ohio, have access to a working vehicle, and be willing to occasionally travel throughout the state of Ohio as needed for events and community outreach. They will report to the Development Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outreach to current and prospective donors to personally solicit financial contributions.
- Develop and coordinate annual and long-term development plans.
- Lead voter engagement efforts to register, educate, and mobilize the Muslim community.
- Assist in the development of fact sheets, advocacy materials, action alerts, talking points, and policy briefs for issues at the local, state, and federal levels
- Conduct presentations and speak on issues of public policy, civil rights, and Islam at community centers, houses of worship, and college campuses.
- Conduct and coordinate interviews with local media, prepare and disseminate press releases and media advisories.
- Meet with legislators, community leaders, and community advocates to further legislative objectives.
- Develop and manage relationships and build coalitions with relevant groups.
Qualifications and Skills
- A passion for CAIR’s mission to empower American-Muslims and defend their civil rights.
- A high level of comfort when personally soliciting financial contributions.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Basic computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office.
- Willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
Full-time with some evenings and weekends required.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. All full-time employees are provided a benefits package of generous health, vision, dental insurance, sick time, paid leave and retirement benefits.
Please apply using this online form. Required information includes (1) your cover letter, (2) your resume.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For any additional information, please email Usjid Hameed at email@example.com
CAIR-Ohio is an equal opportunity employer.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. CAIR’s mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American-Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.