CAIR-Ohio is seeking a driven Staff Attorney to be based in our Columbus office.
The Staff Attorney will engage in civil rights advocacy, community lawyering, and litigation for CAIR-Ohio clients who have experienced religious discrimination. The Staff Attorney will be expected to do a fair amount of community engagement, including, regularly meeting with community members and educating as well as empowering the community. This is an established CAIR chapter with an exciting and growing civil rights practice including a current federal court case load.
- Two-plus (2+) years legal experience preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication and advocacy skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to protecting civil liberties in the United States;
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative and willingness to collaborate with others;
- Demonstrate organizational skills and ability to follow through on various on-going and newly assigned case work;
- Must be a member in good standing of the Ohio State Bar or have a JD from an ABA Accredited Law School.
Full-time with some evenings and weekends required.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. All full-time employees are provided health insurance, dental, vision, paid sick time and vacation days, and retirement benefits.
Please apply using this online form. Required information includes resume, cover letter, and two formal legal writing samples. A minimum of two references preferred but not required.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For any additional information, please email Romin Iqbal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAIR-Ohio is an equal opportunity employer.
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. CAIR’s mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American-Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.