Title: Youth Leadership and Advocacy Projects Coordinator
Reports to: Education and Outreach Director
Duration: 1 year with potential for renewal.
Salary: Full time, with benefits. Commensurate with experience.
Schedule Type: This is a hybrid position with virtual and in-person components. While some aspects of the work coordination will be done virtually and the candidate will complete some activities/tasks online, the position requires in-person meetings/engagement on the ground and travel throughout the Greater Philadelphia Area.
Join one of the most dynamic teams defending civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community, empowering youth communities, promoting civic engagement, and building coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
The ideal candidate will play a central role in promoting overall well-being and civic engagement among Muslim middle and high school students by creating and administering educational programs and platforms for youth development. The candidate will be the main lead staff member in a Philadelphia Foundation funded program titled “Youth Leadership and School District Advocacy Project.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Islamic centers, MSAs, and other faith communities and communities of color on a variety of social justice issues.
- Recruit, manage and train youth leaders.
- Develop relationships with student leaders, school districts and allied organizations/constituencies on inclusion and equity issues.
- Create and lead interactive workshops, training sessions, and campaigns in partnership with school district students.
- Other duties as assigned, including community organizing and advocacy.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ideal candidate possesses experience working with middle/high school and/or college students.
- Previous experience working in multicultural community organizing spaces.
- Previous engagement with the American Muslim community and with social justice issues.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Experience with facilitation and public speaking.
- Experience and familiarity with social media use and digital advertising.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and internet research.
- Ability to convey information in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- The candidate will be asked to obtain PA child abuse clearance before starting their position.
- Send your:
- Professional CV;
- A 5 page max. writing sample or portfolio from past work;
- Cover letter detailing your reasons for applying, relevant work experience, and goals
To firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Your Last Name / Youth & Advocacy Projects Coordinator 2021.
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis; however, please apply by August 13, 2021 for priority consideration. Direct any questions you have about the position to our team at email@example.com.
Interviews with short-listed candidates will be conducted during the latter part of August with an intended early September start date.