Position: Chapter Outreach Manager (Full-time salaried)
Location: CAIR’s Capitol Hill Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Chapter Director
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Brief Description: CAIR is seeking a Chapter Outreach Manager to focus on new chapter outreach and development.
- Provide support in the development, coordination and empowerment of current and potential CAIR chapters nationwide
- Build chapter relationships & increase chapter employee morale
- Coordinate and present at workshops, trainings, and conferences in states without CAIR chapters
- Engage in national and chapter fundraising efforts
- Provide phone, webinar, and in-person trainings for individuals interested in starting a chapter
- Assist with phone, webinar, and in-person trainings, meetings, and events for chapter staff and board members
- Assist with coalition building efforts
- Assist with national conferences; coordinate chapter meetup events
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive travel is required
- Engage in outreach to promote CAIR’s work in potential areas for new CAIR chapters
- Assist with the development, coordination and empowerment of current and potential CAIR chapters nationwide
- Demonstrated leadership, management, time-management and multi-tasking abilities
- A proactive disposition showing interpersonal skills; superior communication (both verbal and written); core computer skills
- A demonstrated record of raising money from donors and an aptitude for fundraising
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines; must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Passion for the mission of the Council on American-Islamic Relations
- An understanding of civil rights issues relating to American Muslims
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field
- Previous or current CAIR experience highly preferred
Compensation: Compensation includes a salary between $45k and $55k commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications. Compensation package also includes retirement benefits with limited employer match starting 6 months after start of employment, as well as medical, vision and dental benefits starting on the first day of the month following 60 of employment, and discretionary leave benefits.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter with résumé, samples of relevant work, a list of three references, and current/target compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference “Chapter Outreach Manager Search” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
CAIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to federal law requirements, CAIR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.