Position: Full Time Position
Mission: CAIR's mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Vision: CAIR's vision is to be a leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding.
Carry our CAIR’s mission and vision with various stakeholders and audiences through duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and editing news releases, media kits, action alerts, statements, and other communications materials
- Researching and monitoring news and issues for information related to CAIR’s mission and vision
- Compiling and distributing daily digital newsletter
- Publishing communications materials on CAIR’s website
- Producing video, print, digital, and graphic materials in support of strategic marketing and communications campaigns
- Managing social media campaigns to maximize communication of CAIR’s mission and vision
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and/or optimize CAIR pages within each platform to increase the visibility of content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on that information
- Collaborating with other departments (government affairs, civil rights, etc.) to manage issues, to identify key influencers and to coordinate actions
- Representing CAIR in media interviews
- Researching, writing and editing commentaries and editorial materials related to CAIR’s mission and vision
- Facilitating coalition-building with communicators at organizations that support of CAIR’s mission and vision
- Training and coaching of CAIR staff and members of the public as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Limited travel may be required.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in journalism, media relations and/or marketing and communications
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field
- Ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external communications
- Excellent news writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong social media skills/understanding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of social media tools, including YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge of media databases and tools such as Cision, TVEyes, Meltwater
This position reports to: Director of Communications
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
How to Apply: Send a cover letter, samples of any relevant work and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.