The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. CAIR’s mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Description: CAIR is seeking an experienced Creative Director to produce video content from conception through final deliverables.
Title: Creative Director
FTE: 1 FTE (full-time) /Exempt
Reporting to: National Communications Director
The Creative Director is an internal liaison and point of contact on a variety of digital media projects. The Creative Director will excel at conceptualizing innovative ideas to capture and tell highly engaging, emotional, stories and cases about CAIR and based on CAIR’s interest and work, American Muslims’ lives, contributions, challenges, hopes and dreams. The Creative Director will have considerable experience sourcing footage and crafting a narrative that hooks a social audience immediately and keeps the audience watching until the very end.
The Creative Director will be responsible for the creative masterpiece behind each video and other marketing materials, including writing up shot lists and interview questions, hiring the appropriate staff and managing the day-to-day operations to ensure the timely delivery of content and material.
The Creative Director is comfortable with both found and/or original footage and materials. The ideal candidate will be experienced with all digital media and the quickly changing digital media landscape. The Creative Director will pride his/herself on being nimble, always eager to stay two-steps ahead of rapidly evolving best practices. The Creative Director will have a passion for finding the heart of the story, have a competitive, data-driven mindset, a collaborative management style and an urgency or reaching a wide audience is key.
Duties and responsibilities
- Evaluate and implement improvements on digital strategy
- Research the latest digital tools and interactive trends
- Optimize SEO
- Create integrated and cost effective digital strategies
- Drive value for the organization
- Analyze and report on digital campaigns
- Analyze customer and user data
- Website and Social Media
- Branding-Fundraising Campaigns
- CAIR Annual Videos and Campaigns
- Update all marketing materials
- Engage with clients, sales teams, and management
- Map out how digital assets will be optimized for business results
- Define and action digital events
- Produce, manage, and guide multiple original video series that exemplify the Dodo voice and brand from pre-production through final delivery;
- Be able to work with freelance produces and shooter to acquire necessary footage
- Provide production documents for all episodes, episodes overviews, shot lists and interview questions;
- Work to ensure that all required assets are available for editing;
- Provide editing support when needed;
- Collaborate with team members and provide support on other original productions when needed;
- Conceive, develop, and pitch original concepts on a consistent basis;
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communication Science, Film Studies or Production or another related degree with at least 2 years producing and editing digital video content at a media publisher. At least 2 years of field production. Experience creating emotionally compelling narrative mid-firm video (please provide clips).
- Firm grasp of emerging digital tools
- Thorough understanding of digital touch points
- Understanding of web analytics
- Production experience: storyboarding, providing shot lists, interview questions, and communicating with freelance crews.
- Excellent editorial judgment and social search skills.
- Passion for the mission of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, including a strong commitment to securing the human rights and justice for Muslim-Americans and their families.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to work fluidly with staff many of whom are Muslim-American. Must be able to work flexibly to deal with different cultural norms, educational backgrounds, and professional skills.
- Be highly motivated, detail-oriented with exemplary communications and computer skills.
- Should enjoy working in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- Writing and analytical skills: Superb writing skills and the ability to compile distill and analyze all necessary information for decision-making, reporting and presentations.
- Personal qualities: Personal qualities including energy, intelligence, diplomacy, sound practical judgment, the ability to work independently with limited supervision; the ability to work effectively in a busy office; strong organization skills; self-starter; and the interpersonal skills to work effectively in partnership with staff, local, regional, national, and international advocates and legislators.
- Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
Salary commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Compensation package includes a commuter benefit, retirement benefits with limited employer match starting 6 months after start of employment, as well as medical, vision and dental benefits starting on the first day of the month following 60 days of employment, and discretionary leave benefits.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter with resume, a portfolio of relevant work, a list of three professional references, and current/target compensation to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference Creative Director in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
The Council on American-Islamic Relations is an EOE. In addition to federal law requirements, CAIR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.