Schedule Type: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Location: San Diego, CA
The Development Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing and increasing the effectiveness and organizational fundraising activities. We’re looking for someone who can expand on our track record of winning grant funding to support our work. We’re also looking for someone who is excited to help us build a larger base of individual and organizational donors that will help sustain and propel CAIR San Diego for the next 20 years. We would consider this at a director level position with the right candidate.
You will be providing support to the Development Department in researching and grant applications at local and national foundations.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing landscape of priorities and responsibilities and be able to work independently and on a variety of teams. Excellent project management, administrative and clerical skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines are required. The successful candidate will be a thoughtful, creative, compassionate and dynamic team member.
Join one of the most dynamic teams defending civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community, enhancing understanding of Islam, protecting civil liberties, promoting justice and empowering American Muslims.
Time Commitment: Some evenings and weekends required for presentations and community outreach events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive multi-year fundraising plan to meet and grow CAIR San Diego’ annual budget in collaboration with the Executive Director and team.
- Develop and execute strategies to cultivate and grow CAIR’s base of funders, individual donors and organizational donors/sponsors.
- Identify funding opportunities, write winning grant applications, and write effective foundation reports, on time.
- Steward existing donors through regular communications, donor appreciation, and follow up
- Research and apply for potential funding opportunities, including private foundations and corporate giving programs
- Track and submit grant reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Coordinate and draft fundraising mailers and online giving campaigns
- Secure sponsorship and advertisements for the annual banquet and special events/programs
- Coordinate expansion of existing monthly donor program
- Coordinate special events such as informational dinners
- Coordinate corporate matching program
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 1-2+ years of grant writing and research experience
- 1-2+ years of database management experience
- Demonstrated success in personal solicitation of five-figure contributions from individuals.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading and coordinating project-based teams.
- Familiarity with development practices for 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Experience as development director at an organization with a $2+ million annual budget.
- Experience working with donor databases.
- Experience managing a team, staff, and volunteers.
- Bilingual or multilingual.
- Have use of an automobile.
- Advanced knowledge and high comfort level generating reports and performing data entry, list management, and mail merge
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Generous benefits package includes medical, dental, retirement plan, holidays and sick leave
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, and (3) the names and contact information of three references, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development Coordinator.”
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.