SUPPORT CAIR’S STRATEGIC ELECTION PLAN
Help Mobilize America's 1 Million Muslim Voters
The build-up to the 2020 General Election will be pivotal for both the history of our nation and the American Muslim community. With chapters in more than 20 states, CAIR is positioned to identify strategic programming opportunities for the Muslim community – especially during local, state and national elections – to adopt and enhance Muslim civic engagement, empowerment and resilience.
We are inviting supporters like you to help invest in electoral programs that CAIR has identified would empower Muslim community engagement in local, state and national elections. Each proposed project needs immediate funding. Whatever is funded will be carried out to its fullest potential.
INCREASE MUSLIM VOTER REGISTRATION AND TURNOUT BY 20%
Build National Muslim Voter Database: Purchase and maintain a national list of more than 1 million American Muslim registered voters in all 50 states.
Promotional Videos: Create three PSAs urging: 1) Muslims to register; 2) vote in elections; and, 3) volunteer. Also film a mini-documentary showcasing Muslim voter power.
DOCUMENT & REPORT ON POSITION AND ATTITUDES OF MUSLIM VOTERS
ENCOURAGE 200 MUSLIMS TO RUN FOR OFFICE AND TRACK THEIR PROGRESS
Update CAIR’s “Rise of the Change Makers” Report: Report will provide Muslim candidates with insights into running a campaign and track Muslim electoral victories.
PROMOTE A UNIFIED “MUSLIM POLICY PLATFORM” FOR THE 2020 ELECTIONS
DNC & RNC Muslim Town Halls: Partner with local Muslims in Milwaukee and Charlotte to host town halls outside party conventions to engage Muslim delegates.
PSA/Commercials Posted in Milwaukee & Charlotte: PSA in the form of either billboards and/or local tv and/or online social media commercials to promote the Muslim Policy Platform
Working throughout the 2020 General Election, CAIR’s Strategic Election Plan goals seek to....
- Increase Muslim Voter Registration and Turnout by 20%
- Encourage and Train 200 Muslim Candidates to Run for Office
- Nationally Distribute a Presidential Candidate Voter Guide and Congressional Scorecard
- Survey and report on American Muslim Views and Attitudes About the Election
- Work with other Muslim Organizations to Promote a Unified “Muslim Policy Platform”
- Confront Islamophobia Through Documentation, Reporting and Pushback
With your help, we can succeed by investing in much needed resources. How Muslim voters respond to these electoral opportunities and challenges will be determined by the supporters like you who will help us complete transformational projects.
Please join us in supporting CAIR’s strategic election plan.
- Your donation, regardless of the amount, will help us achieve our goal.
- For decades, CAIR has been encouraging and inspiring Muslims to be civically engaged, work with elected officials, participate in elections, and run for office.
- We are just now starting to see the fruits of our many years of consistent and focused strategy of civically empowering American Muslims.
- As we witness a new wave of Muslim political engagement, it needs continuous cultivation, guidance and support. With your help, CAIR is offering its election strategy as a pathway to electoral success for our community, no matter what the outcome of the election might be