Job Title: Events & Outreach Manager
Job location: Washington, DC (Capitol Hill)
Reporting To: Executive Director
The Events & Outreach Manager is responsible for all aspects of events planning, coordination, organization and promotion and community relations development. The individual will be working closely with staff from all departments. Events and outreach duties will comprise of approximately 70% event planning and 30% outreach activities to develop CAIR events in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the lead for all events and conducts outreach activities in order to foster CAIR events.
- Take the lead on all negotiations for event contracts and book event space; arrange food and beverage; order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, assign staff responsibilities, and oversee all the details of events.
- Serve as the liaison with vendors on event related matters.
- Maintain an annual events calendar and events timelines.
- Work with the communications team on all events-related graphic design work.
- Event promotion and staffing in conjunction with volunteer coordination.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Schedule and coordinate community outreach events including speeches, workshops, film screenings, conferences and the annual banquet.
- Develop partnerships with other Muslim or civil rights organizations and other partners to increase outreach.
- Coordinate tours and visits to see the National CAIR office.
- Design, implement, and coordinate community outreach plan.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports for major events.
- Keep track of events and outreach finances including check requests, invoicing and reporting.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff
- Experience managing a team & directly supervising others
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high degree of professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- At least two years or more experience coordinating special events
- Experience conducting outreach and working with volunteers
- Experience booking large events (conferences/banquets) at hotels is a plus
- Experience and knowledge of graphic design and print media preferred.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches
- Familiarity, knowledge, and experience working the American Muslim community is a plus
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Compensation package also includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 401-k plan, commuter benefit, life insurance, long-term disability, vacation, sick, and personal leave among other benefits.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with “ Events and Outreach Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.