The Council on American-Islamic Relations, Cincinnati office (CAIR-Cincinnati) is looking for a passionate and talented individual to fill the Executive Director position. Join a dynamic team defending and protecting civil rights, promoting justice, and enhancing understanding of Islam and the American Muslim community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership for continued growth and development in the day to day operations and management of the organization.
- Support the Board in strategic planning, develop and execute an annual operation plan and milestones to achieve the strategic goals.
- Maintain open and effective communication with the Board on the progress toward organizational goals and report on relevant matters on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement financial campaign strategies to diversify and cultivate new sources of revenue, to increase donor-base by attracting new donors, secure support from foundations, and increase contributions from existing donors.
- Oversee fundraising planning, and implementation, to include developing and maintaining contacts with key funding sources and collaborate with the Board to achieve fundraising goals.
- Oversee the financial management within the approved budget and ensure healthy and positive financials.
- Maintain and enhance existing relationships and develop new strategic relations with area Muslim communities, other community-based organizations, and interfaith leaders through coalition building on a regular basis.
- Monitor local media and develop and implement a communications plan utilizing various media venues to promote the organization’s programs. Develop and nurture personal relationships with key people in the local media.
- Develop and disseminate news releases, action alerts, press statements and talking points for the community and media outlets as and when appropriate. Conduct interviews with the media as the public face of the organization.
- Organize meetings with local elected officials to advocate on issues that affect the Muslim community and collaborate with civil rights organizations on common causes.
- Develop and establish programs, educational events, and campaigns to advance the mission of the organization, and empower the community and youth.
- Oversee the organization’s legal department to ensure that client and attorney relationships are running smoothly, that the organization’s civil rights goals are being met and that state and national reporting requirements are completed according to organizational policy.
- Ensure compliance with standard nonprofit legal requirements and best practices, that financial and employee management is conducted according to local, state, and federal laws and regulations set by the organization.
- Minimal travel is required, both in-state and out-of-state.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated track record of alignment and support for the mission and vision of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
- Demonstrated leadership, personnel management, and time management abilities.
- Highly motivated, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines; must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with and proficiency in public speaking before diverse audiences.
- An understanding of civil rights issues relating to Islam and American Muslims.
- Excellent oral and written communication to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and staff in a professional and effective manner.
- Nonprofit fundraising experience, including knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- A university degree required; candidates with a master’s degree in non-profit management, or a JD are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience is preferred.
- Core computer skills such as Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat are essential. Knowledge of other widely used applications like Word Press, for example, is a plus.
- Ability to drive throughout the Greater Cincinnati area, including Northern Kentucky and Dayton, Ohio, for events, programs, and outreach.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
- Benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, a resume, a writing sample, and 3 references to: email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Director Application.” Questions can also be sent to this email address.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.