The Hala Salaam Maksoud Foundation for Arab-American Leadership will be holding its first Arab-American leadership training program this spring from May 30-June 3, 2005, in Washington, DC. The Hala Foundation was established by the late Arab American leader and ADC President Hala Salaam Maksoud in her will, in order to promote the training and development of leadership in the Arab-American community. The training will be lead and coordinated by Hala Foundation Executive Director Hussein Ibish.
The Leadership Training Program is designed to create a cadre of highly trained, informed and focused young Arab-American professionals equipped to take on the advocacy and organizational efforts required for community leadership. The Leadership Program provides extensive training in:
* Command of the Issues: mastery of both information and arguments
* Presentation Skills: making the case effectively
* Interpersonal Skills: making friends and influencing people
* Organizational Skills: mobilizing the community
* Collaborative Skills: building effective teams
* Coalition Building Techniques: finding unexpected allies
* Continuous Improvement: developing long-term relationships with trainees Applications are sought for the first training program or from those who wish to be considered for future training sessions.
Applicants should be young (22-40) Arab-American professionals who have completed their education and have already begun their professional careers, or those in the final stages of a Ph.D. program. They should have a demonstrable commitment to advocacy on behalf of Arab-American concerns, and a desire to devote substantial time and effort to leadership on behalf of the community.
Applicants should send a letter of interest explaining their desire to become community leaders or activists, a CV, and a writing sample or any other relevant materiel by April 20, 2005, to:
The Hala Foundation 815 Connecticut Ave. NW Suite 200 Washington, DC 20006
Please visit http://www.halafoundation.org for more details.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.