Skills and Education Requirements:
To successfully perform the required duties as a law clerk, it is imperative that you have certain skills and personal abilities. The most significant skills are strong organizational abilities with an eye for detail and effective time management to meet important deadlines. Effective communication skills with superiors, subordinates and most importantly with clients, are essential. Other necessary skills that are required is the ability to grasp new concepts for quick learning, good comprehension and writing abilities, and proficiency while using computers and other necessary equipment such as fax machines, copiers and work related software.
The minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor’s degree or previous experience within the legal field as a legal assistant, legal intern or law clerk is preferred.
Minimum of a two-year commitment.
Fluency in second language is preferred, but not required.
Given below is a list of law clerk duties.
- Receiving and making telephone calls, drafting and typing office memos, obtaining detailed fact summaries of cases, and other administrative duties.
- Drafting legal memorandums on topics connected to pending civil rights and immigration matters
- Assist attorneys in devising, proofreading and executing legal documents.
- Required to keep records of case files and other important documents.
- Aid attorneys by collecting and organizing client information such as their employment status and records.
- Take notes in important meetings such as legal hearings and client meetings and interviews and maintain relevant records.
- Taking care of client documentation by filling out required forms.
- Other duties include maintaining necessary correspondence with clients by keeping them informed about the latest developments regarding the case, and sending across necessary documents via e-mail, fax or post. Communicate this information to the relevant subordinates, colleagues and superiors.
- Compiling, verifying and categorizing data.
- Monitoring and calendaring case deadlines
- Analyzing available data and suggests some of the best solutions to solve a problem or case.
If you are interested, please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work for CAIR Florida and your salary requirements, to Majda Rahmanovic, Community Planning and Development Director at MRahmanovic@cair.com
Positions will remain open until filled by qualified candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary Range: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
Location: Sunrise, FL
Reporting to the Community Planning & Development Director, the Central Florida Regional Coordinator (CFRC) will be responsible for CAIR Florida’s Orlando (Central Florida), programs, non- legal strategy, fundraising, strengthening community relationships, educating the greater community on Islam and execution of our vision and mission.
- Leadership & Management
- Ensure ongoing program excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage, grow and energize CAIR Florida’s Central Florida volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Recruit, coach, develop, and retain a high-performance volunteer team to assist CAIR Florida’s (Central Florida) operation to include administrative help, mailings, events planning and execution, answering phones, sending emails and other office duties.
- Fundraising & Communications
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to regional expansion by performing and/or arranging ; Khutbahs, Know Your Rights Trainings, Media Appearances, public speaking events, facilitating Donor meetings, Annual Banquets, Ramadan Fundraising, Monthly Donor Program, and Endowment.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger CAIR Florida brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Strengthen Community Relations
- Actively engage and energize CAIR Florida (Orlando/Central Florida) clients stake holders, share holders, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders by performing and/or coordinating Khutbahs, media appearances, and events. In essence the (CFRC) is the FACE of the CAIR Florida in the Orlando/Central Florida.
- Actively market CAIR Florida every week at different Mosques in Central Florida by tabling, handing out CAIR Florida literature, performing/arranging Khutbahs, holding meetings, planning and executing events, performing Civil Rights screening and referral of clients to the CAIR Florida Civil Rights office.
If you are interested in applying please submit your cover letter and resume to Majda Rahmanovic, Community Planning and Development Director at MRahmanovic@cair.com