Title: Fund Development Coordinator
Job type: Full time
Experience level: Two years
Education Minimum: Bachelors (Graduate Degree preferred)
Reporting to: Executive Director
Travel Required: Occasionally, in-state
Location: Queens, New York (applicant required to be authorized to work in the US)
Starting Date: June 2017
Compensation: Aligned with NGO sector and experience
The New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-NY) is seeking a qualified Development Associate. CAIR-NY is one of the fastest growing chapters of CAIR, the largest Muslim advocacy and civil rights organization in the United States. We are seeking individuals interested in working in a fast-paced environment and on the front lines of the fight for the civil rights of Muslims. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director in all aspects related to meeting and exceeding the organization’s financial goals.
- Formulate an annual fundraising plan and report;
- Mailing list management;
- Develop grant proposals for foundations, corporations and government funding sources;
- Strengthen and maintain grant and individual donor tracking system;
- Assist in coordination of events such as annual gala, other fundraisers, and community festivals.
- Coordinate social media fundraising;
- Establish innovative funding campaigns;
- Expanding number of subscribers;
- Develop fundraising training for board members, staff, and volunteers; and
- Other activities as needed.
- Strong research skills and analytical skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- Highly creative;
- Grant writing experience;
- Ability to take initiative and work as a team;
- Event planning experience;
- Experience with contact relationship management software;
- Business entrepreneurship experience; and
- Artistic or design experience.
- At least two years of high quality performance work with increasingly greater responsibility in professional career focused on program development, fundraising, social services, marketing and media or related field;
- Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree preferred);
- Driver’s license preferred;
To apply, please send resume/CV and a writing sample to email@example.com, with Development Coordinator in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.