Schedule Type: Part-time or Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Senior Development & Marketing Manager
Location: Office located in Anaheim, CA. Requires some travel throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area.
CAIR-Greater Los Angeles Area is looking for a Grant Writer.
The Grant Writer is responsible for supporting the Development Department by successfully growing income through grant opportunities. Responsibilities include researching, applying for, and managing grants. They are responsible for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant-funded projects.
The role requires strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision. The candidate must be comfortable working productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a rapidly growing organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, government and corporate sources
- Research potential grants, stay up-to-date on current and potential partners’ work to explore opportunities, arrange meetings to build/maintain relationships with funders
- Work with other departments to gather information necessary to complete grant applications and reporting requirements
- Maintain system for document tracking, follow up on grant deliverables and submit reports as required on a timely basis
- Assist with other Development projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and previous grant writing experience preferred
- Strong communication skills (oral & written); ability to write persuasive proposals
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet strict deadlines
- Must have strong initiative and demonstrate the ability to learn in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- A record of measurable results in securing grant funding
- Comfortable working productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a rapidly growing organization
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience