If you believe you are facing discrimination at work:
- Remain calm and polite.
- Inform the offending party that you believe his/her actions are discriminatory.
- Report the discriminatory action in writing to company management.
- Begin documenting the discrimination by saving memos, keeping a detailed journal, noting the presence of witnesses and making written complaints. Make sure to keep copies of all materials. It is important to keep a "paper trail"� of evidence.
- Ask to be transferred to another department or job site.
- Ask for mediation.
- DO NOT sign any documents or resign from your position without first consulting an attorney.
- Contact CAIR at 202-488-8787, firstname.lastname@example.org or through our civil rights complaint form here.
- Contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Do you like this post?