A First Freedom Project Seminar: Federal Laws Protecting Religious Freedom
With Eric W. Treene, Special Counsel for Religious Discrimination, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division Steven H. Rosenbaum, Chief, Housing and Civil Enforcement, Civil Rights Division Mark Kappelhoff, Chief, Criminal Section, Civil Rights Division
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Metcalfe Federal Building
77 West Jackson Street
9:00 a.m. - noon
Topics will include:
* Religious Discrimination in Public Schools, Colleges and Universities
* Religious Discrimination and Public Employees
* The Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000 (RLUIPA)
* Religion-based Housing and Lending Discrimination
* Religious Discrimination in Access to Public Accommodations and Public Facilities
* Prosecuting Attacks on Houses of Worship and Persons Based on Religion
Admission is free, but registration is required. This seminar is designed for religious, community, and civil rights leaders, government officials, attorneys, and others interested in religious liberty issues. Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit maybe available.
To register send your name, organization (if applicable) and phone number to:
Please call Valissa Johnson at (202) 514-9470 for more information.