(Washington, DC - 11/15/05) -- On Saturday, November 19, the International Strategy and Policy Institute and the Muslim Public Affairs Council will co-host a one-day conference in Chicago, IL to address the "American Muslim
Identity: Present and Future.”
The conference will address crucial issues facing the American Muslim community -- including "Defining the Muslim American Identity," "Muslim American Identity on Campus," and "Effective Political Engagement" -- in a gathering of academics, community leaders, and students.
Confirmed speakers include:
* Dr. Suleyman Nyang, author of "Islam in America" and professor of African Studies at Howard University
* Dr. Maher Hathout, Senior Advisor to MPAC
* Salam Al-Marayati, MPAC Executive Director
* Edina Lekovic, MPAC Communications Director
* Ahmed Younis, MPAC National Director
* Ahmed Rehab, CAIR-Chicago Communications Director
* Professor Inamul Haq, Professor East-West University and Benedictine University
* Faiyaz Husain
In his keynote address, Dr. Nyang will address the topic of "Transforming Self-Identity of Muslims: A Comparison Between the U.S. and Europe." Additionally, ISPI will present its annual Lifetime Achievement Award to Professor Asad Husain.
AMERICAN MUSLIM IDENTITY: PRESENT AND FUTURE
November 19, 2005
1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
5700 College Road, Lisle, IL 60532
Conference $15 / Conference & Dinner $50
Join MPAC and ISPI for this important event! Register for the Conference at
email@example.com. Also visit www.mpac.org for more information.
CONTACT: Edina Lekovic, 213-383-3443, firstname.lastname@example.org