The New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-NY) is seeking a qualified Operations Coordinator. CAIR-NY is one of the fastest growing chapters of CAIR, the largest Muslim advocacy and civil rights organization in the United States. We are seeking individuals interested in working in a fast-paced environment and on the front lines of the fight for the civil rights of Muslims. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the administrative cohesion of the organization.
The Operations Coordinator performs administrative, human resource, financial, and general office support activities in a dynamic team environment. The primary task of the position is financial management which includes bookkeeping, liaising with the accountant to file taxes, logging transactions, populating bi-weekly financial reports, working with the development team to generate donor reports, send tax receipts, manage donor database, and working closely with the Executive Director to analyze financial sustainability of the organization. The Operations Coordinator will also conduct miscellaneous administrative duties such as filing, scanning, printing, screening phone calls, stocking supplies, assisting with client intakes, and other duties outside of the job description as needed. The position has flexible hours (20 hours a week) on a Monday through Friday schedule.
- Substantial experience with financial management (bank reconciliations, financial reporting, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and cloud-based file management systems.
- Substantial experience with bookkeeping, payroll processing, and insurance filing.
- Strong problem solving, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work outside of job description parameters, as needed.
- Proficiency with a donor database/CRM (such as Salesforce) strongly preferred.
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Accounting preferred.
- Experience with website management and social media communications preferred.
- Generate bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial status reports.
- Perform annual tasks such as tax filing, insurance renewals, and labor compliance.
- Screen calls, respond to mail, and direct communications to appropriate department.
- File, scan, and organize important documents for easy access physically and digitally.
- Schedule appointments and update staff calendar with meetings and important dates.
- Process payroll, reimbursements, new hires, and accounts payable and receivables.
- Manage spreadsheets, donor databases, and important company information.
- Draft templates for office infrastructure and routine communications.
- Maintain office inventory and purchases supplies as needed.
DETAILS AT A GLANCE
- On-site Location
- Part Time Schedule
- 2-Year Degree Required
Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days, Flexible Scheduling
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to the above email with the subject line "CAIR-NY Operations Coordinator Application". Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
LOCATION: Queens, NY
Title: Fund Development Coordinator
Job type: Full time
Experience level: Two years
Education Minimum: Bachelors (Graduate Degree preferred)
Reporting to: Executive Director
Travel Required: Occasionally, in-state
Location: Queens, New York (applicant required to be authorized to work in the US)
Starting Date: June 2017
Compensation: Aligned with NGO sector and experience
The New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-NY) is seeking a qualified Development Associate. CAIR-NY is one of the fastest growing chapters of CAIR, the largest Muslim advocacy and civil rights organization in the United States. We are seeking individuals interested in working in a fast-paced environment and on the front lines of the fight for the civil rights of Muslims. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director in all aspects related to meeting and exceeding the organization’s financial goals.
- Formulate an annual fundraising plan and report;
- Mailing list management;
- Develop grant proposals for foundations, corporations and government funding sources;
- Strengthen and maintain grant and individual donor tracking system;
- Assist in coordination of events such as annual gala, other fundraisers, and community festivals.
- Coordinate social media fundraising;
- Establish innovative funding campaigns;
- Expanding number of subscribers;
- Develop fundraising training for board members, staff, and volunteers; and
- Other activities as needed.
- Strong research skills and analytical skills;
- Strong writing skills;
- Highly creative;
- Grant writing experience;
- Ability to take initiative and work as a team;
- Event planning experience;
- Experience with contact relationship management software;
- Business entrepreneurship experience; and
- Artistic or design experience.
- At least two years of high quality performance work with increasingly greater responsibility in professional career focused on program development, fundraising, social services, marketing and media or related field;
- Bachelor’s degree (graduate degree preferred);
- Driver’s license preferred;
To apply, please send resume/CV and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Development Coordinator in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.