Position: Operations Manager (Full-time salaried)
Location: CAIR’s Capitol Hill Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
Reports to: National Executive Director
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Brief Description: CAIR is seeking a creative and visionary professional to manage projects and daily operations.
- Oversee daily operations in collaboration with the executive director
- Coordinate with the executive director to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals in order to fulfill the Vision and Mission of the organization
- Work across departments to maintain organizational cohesiveness in Branding
- Efficiently manage departmental workflows and optimize inter-departmental communication
- Oversee and develop programs, projects and campaigns, in collaboration with the executive director and department leads
- Prepares reports to the executive director
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning process
- Ensure compliance with nonprofit laws and regulations
- Evaluate nonprofit performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Reviews ongoing performance results to target and take corrective measures as needed
- Act as the primary contact person for the hiring of staff; coordinate with the executive director on hiring decisions
- Develop and manage the annual budget, and individual program and department budgets, in collaboration with the executive director and department leads
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Ensure the efficient utilization of resources including personnel
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established organizational policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other CAIR employees to foster aid, promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of the organization to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage personnel
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel
- Determines standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel
- Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals
- Ensures proper training of personnel as needed
- Develops individuals for future advancement
- Other duties as assigned
- This position manages all administrative employees of the organization and is responsible for leadership, performance management and hiring of staff in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Occasional weekend/late hours are expected
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and time-management abilities
- Prior experience in a nonprofit organization
- A proactive disposition showing interpersonal skills; superior communication (both verbal and written); core computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines; must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment
- An understanding of civil rights issues relating to American Muslims
- Passion for the mission of the Council on American-Islamic Relations
Travel is primarily locally during the business day and some out of the area travel and overnight is expected.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation: Compensation includes a salary between $65k and $75k commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications. Compensation package also includes retirement benefits with limited employer match starting 6 months after start of employment, as well as medical, vision and dental benefits starting on the first day of the month following 60 of employment, and discretionary leave benefits.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter with résumé, samples of relevant work, a list of three references, and current/target compensation to email@example.com Please reference “Operations Manager Search” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
CAIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to federal law requirements, CAIR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.