(WASHINGTON, D.C., 11/19/19) – The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today joined 54 other civil rights organizations in sending a letter to President Donald Trump demanding that he fire Stephen Miller as his senior adviser for policy for propagating white supremacist, anti-immigrant sentiments.
The letter highlights Miller’s promotion of hate speech spewed by neo-Nazis and white supremacists and emphasizes that his white supremacist agenda — including the Muslim Ban and family separation at the southern border — has actively harmed immigrants, people of color and marginalized communities. The letter notes, “Allowing him to remain a White House advisor is a betrayal of our national ideals of justice, inclusion, and fairness.”
Last week, CAIR separately called for Miller’s resignation after the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) revealed a series of white supremacist, racist, anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim emails sent by Miller to Breitbart News. Breitbart News is a white supremacist mouthpiece that traffics in misogynistic and racist stories targeting women, people of color and immigrants.
SEE: CAIR Calls for Resignation of Trump Adviser Stephen Miller After Revelation of White Supremacist Emails
SEE: Stephen Miller’s Affinity for White Nationalism Revealed in Leaked Emails
The SPLC’s report sheds light on how President Trump’s senior policy adviser Stephen Miller between 2015 and 2016 sent 900 emails to “Breitbart News” seeking articles that would cover among other things:
- Literature that includes the white nationalist and neo-Nazi themes of “white genocide” or “great replacement” of whites with nonwhites
- Include immigration stories that selectively covered of offenses committed by nonwhites
- Protect the sales of confederate flags on Amazon and protecting Confederate monuments
- Limit or end immigration, including Muslim migration
- Allegedly, discuss with anti-Muslim hate leader Pamela Geller, the planning a gay pride parade though Muslim neighborhoods to somehow create division
- Promote comments made by anti-Muslim reverend Franklin Graham advocating an end to Muslim immigration to the U.S.
CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misiÃ³n de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensiÃ³n del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.