(WASHINGTON, D.C., 09/22/2021) – The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, is calling on all eligible voters to participate in early in-person voting in Virginia. The voting started on September 17, 2021 and all absentee ballots will be sent to voters who have requested a ballot by mail.
To be ready to vote, please make note of the following important dates and voter resources:
- CAIR notes, Virginian voters no longer need a reason to vote absentee. Any registered voter may request an absentee ballot, either in-person or by mail. Voters can request a mailed ballot online at elections.virginia.gov/voterInformation.
- The last day to request an absentee ballot is Friday, October 22, 2021 at 5:00pm EDT.
- All ballots returned by mail must be postmarked by election day, November 2, 2021 and received by noon on Friday, November 5, 2021.
- Voters can find a vote-by-mail ballot application at elections.virginia.gov/forms. Or they can contact their local voter registration office and ask them to mail them an application.
- Contact information for local registrars can be found at elections.virginia.gov/localGR.
- To look up your voter information and check your status, call the Virginia Department of Elections at 1-800-552-9745, or go to: https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation.
- It is imperative for those voting by mail to submit their ballots as soon as possible to avoid potential delay due to anticipated high volume mail-in votes.
If you believe your voting rights have been violated, please contact the Council on American-Islamic Relations at (202) 488-8787or email@example.com and the Virginia Department of Elections at 1-800-552-9745or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAIR’s mission is to protect civil rights, enhance understanding of Islam, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misión de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensión del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.
Become a Fan of CAIR on Facebook
Subscribe to CAIR’s Email List
Subscribe to CAIR’s Twitter Feed
Subscribe to CAIR’s YouTube Channel
Follow CAIR on Instagram
Donate to CAIR
Do you like reading CAIR press releases and taking part in our action alerts? You can help contribute to CAIR’s work of defending civil rights and empowering American Muslims across the country by making a one-time contribution or becoming a monthly donor. Supporters like you make CAIR’s advocacy work possible and defeating Islamophobia an achievable goal. Click here to donate to CAIR.
If you would like join CAIR’s media list, please sign up here: https://action.cair.com/a/newsletters — For more information, email: email@example.com, CC firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT: CAIR Government Affairs Director Robert McCaw, 202-742-6448, email@example.com; CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, firstname.lastname@example.org