(WASHINGTON, D.C, 10/29/20) – As-salaamu alaykum (peace to you). Based on many requests from community leaders for guidance on how to address this contentious election, encourage civic participation, and build resilient communities – CAIR is calling on khatibs (Islamic prayer leaders) and imams (Islamic religious leaders) to refer to the talking points CAIR has developed to address the pre-and-post election concerns of Muslims during their Friday khutbas (sermons) for the jummah (congregational prayers).
To assist those preparing to offer sermons for the Friday prayers, CAIR is offering an initial outline prepared by Imam Abdullah Jaber, executive director of CAIR Georgia.
SEE: Pre-Election Jummah Talking Points
Jummah Talking Points Include Instructions and Examples on:
- Acknowledging and Validating Pre-and-Post Election Concerns
- Remaining Optimistic and Relying on Allah
- Overcoming Uncertainty and Reflecting on the Quran
- Doing Our Part Before and After the Election
- The Importance of Voting, Fighting Misinformation, Promoting Peace and Positivity
CAIR’s mission is to protect civil rights, enhance understanding of Islam, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misión de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensión del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.