(WASHINGTON, D.C., 11/18/19) – The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today condemned anti-Muslim hate rhetoric spewed at a recent event organized by the Hawaii-Israel Alignment group and published online under the title “Islam is coming for you.”
In video excerpts published by CAIR, American Truth Project founder Barry Nussbaum makes a number of hate-filled Islamophobic statements, including:
- “You need to know who your enemies are.”
- “They’re coming for you, and given the chance they will kill you.”
- “In this country, they’ll want to institute sharia.”
- “Several of them today sit in the House of Congress.”
- A Muslim woman is a “slave to her husband” and he can “beat her to death.”
- Muslim women cannot own property, drive a car, go out in public, or vote.
- The Quran, Islam’s holy text, is “The most horrific story you have ever read in your life.”
- “It’s in America today.”
- “I want you to understand the threat is here right now.”
- The Russian KGB made up the word “Palestinian.”
- “There is no Palestinian history.”
- “There is 400 of them [American Muslims] running for office right now and they believe in sharia.”
- “You will accept the Quran as your Bible, or you will be [makes chopping motion] with the sword. . .Those are the only two choices.”
WATCH: Barry Nussbaum’s Anti-Muslim Hate Rhetoric at Hawaii-Israel Alignment Event
“We condemn this hate rhetoric and urge religious and political leaders in Hawaii to repudiate the anti-Muslim bigotry spewed at this event,” said CAIR Government Affairs Director Robert McCaw.
CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misiÃ³n de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensiÃ³n del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.