(NEW YORK, N.Y., 3/12/19) – On Wednesday, March 13, the New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-NY), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights organization, will join a coalition of groups at an event outside a meeting of Fox News advertisers in New York City to urge a boycott of the network until two racist and Islamophobic hosts — Tucker Carlson and Jeanine Pirro — are fired.
The Wednesday meeting with advertisers is reportedly designed to stem the flow of ad dollars from the network because of recent controversies involving the hosts.
WHAT: #DropFox! Protest Outside Fox News Advertiser Meeting
WHEN: Wednesday, March 13, 11 a.m.
WHERE: Corner of W 48th St. and 6th Ave., NY, NY
SEE: Protest Fox News’ Advertiser Meeting This Wednesday. #DropFox!
Tucker Carlson Loses 2nd Advertiser Over Past Comments
On Sunday, CAIR called for the firing of Pirro over her attack on Rep. Ilhan Omar’s (D-MN) decision to wear an Islamic head scarf, or hijab. Fox News “strongly” condemned Pirro’s Islamophobic comments but took no further action against her.
SEE: Fox News Strongly Condemns Jeanine Pirro’s Attack on Rep. Ilhan Omar
In newly-released media Matters audio, Fox host Tucker Carlson is heard making racist, white supremacist and Islamophobic statements such as:
- Carlson fantasized about a presidential candidate blaming “lunatic Muslims who are behaving like animals” and saying “I’m going to kill as many of them as I can if you elect me.”
- “White men” deserve credit for “creating civilization.”
- Carlson on Barack Obama: “How is he Black, for one thing? He has one white parent, one Black parent.”
- “Iraq is a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys — that’s why it wasn’t worth invading.”
- Afghanistan is “never going to be a civilized country because the people aren’t civilized.”
- The war in Iraq could turn around “if, somehow, the Iraqis decided to behave like human beings.”
- Immigrants should be “hot” or “really smart” because people picking lettuce aren’t going to build a stronger country.
SEE: Unearthed Audio Shows Tucker Carlson Using White Nationalist Rhetoric and Making Racist Remarks
CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misiÃ³n de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensiÃ³n del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.
CONTACT: CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, firstname.lastname@example.org