CAIR-PA Forms ‘Run for Understanding’ Team for NJ Marathon
CAIR-PA FORMS ‘RUN FOR UNDERSTANDING’ TEAM FOR NJ MARATHON
(PHILADELPHIA, PA, 1/25/07) – The Philadelphia office of the Council on American-Islamic
Relations (CAIR-PA) today announced that it is forming a “Run for Understanding” team
to take part in the New Jersey Marathon on April 29, 2007. SEE: http://www.njmarathon.org/
CAIR-PA is inviting people of all faiths to join the team by raising pledges to support programs that promote mutual understanding and social justice.
Programs supported by the pledges include:
* Sponsorship of sensitivity training about Islam for local police departments, schools, hospitals, or other organizations
* Training of instructors to teach CAIR-PA’s 12-part course, “Understanding Islam and Muslims Through History”
* Sponsorship of a “Know Your Rights” workshop
Runners who raise at least $700 in pledges by March 25, 2007, will receive:
* Paid entry fee for the New Jersey Full or Half Marathon
* A “Run for Understanding” team jersey to wear during the race
* A training plan based on The Runner’s level of physical ability
All runners will also have access to a CAIR-PA blog about the race and to a web-based sponsorship form for donors.
To join CAIR-PA’s “Run for Understanding” team, go to: http://www.cairphilly.org/index.php?Page=marathon&Side=marathon
For more information about the “Run for Understanding” team, contact: 215-592-0509, E-Mail: email@example.com
The “Run for Understanding” is part of CAIR’s national “Muslims Care” initiative to promote volunteerism in the American Muslim community. SEE: http://www.cair-net.org/muslimscare/
CAIR, America’s largest Islamic civil liberties group, has 32 offices and chapters nationwide and in Canada. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.