CAIR-WA is seeking a passionate and talented Deputy Director with interest and experience in non-profits. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Deputy Director will have both internal and external facing responsibilities, ranging from staff and project management to administration and human capital. The Deputy Director will partner closely with the ED to chart CAIR-WA’s future growth and strategic responses to an ever-increasing demand for our organization’s services.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Executive Director and management to develop an integrated vision and strategy at CAIR-WA.
- Maintain open and effective communication with the ED on the progress toward organizational goals and report on relevant matters on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with staff, evaluate programs, and maintain and participate in various community outreach activities.
- Develop and implement financial campaign strategies to diversify and cultivate new sources of revenue and increase donor-base by attracting new donors and increasing contributions from existing donors.
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including the development and maintenance of contacts with key funding sources, and collaborate with the Executive Director to achieve fundraising goals.
- Maintain and enhance existing relationships and develop new strategic relations with external parties including local Muslim communities, other community-based organizations and stakeholders, and interfaith leaders through coalition building.
- Maintain a regular presence within the community by regularly attending Jummah services at mosques around the greater Seattle area.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent research, oral, and written communication to interface with media professionals, community leaders, government officials, and staff in a professional and effective manner.
- Familiarity, cultural competency, and experience engaging with Muslim audiences.
- Commitment to the civil rights challenges facing Muslim and American Muslim communities.
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic. Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines; must be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- At least 5 years of distinguished years in a senior management position in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or government agency
- Familiarity with civil rights issues impacting the Muslim community
- Demonstrated leadership, personnel management, and time management abilities.
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people from diverse backgrounds
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
- The salary is competitive for a nonprofit organization and is commensurate with applicant’s experience.
- Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- Evenings, weekends and off-hour work will be required. Some travel will be required. Having your own car along with a valid driver’s license is required.
Please email: (1) cover letter, (2) resume (3) three references and (4) writing sample to: email@example.com with the subject line “Deputy Director.” No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. CAIR-WA is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance