Job Title: Staff Accountant
Position: Full-Time Salaried
Location: Washington, D.C.
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding. At CAIR, we value our employee’s dedication to serving the American Muslim community and defending the civil rights of all Americans. As a CAIR employee, you will have an opportunity to utilize your professional capabilities to help protect those rights, as guaranteed by the Constitution.
- Performing general accounting duties to include preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet and ledgers accounts; and performing bank reconciliations.
- Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis.
- Accounts payable and Accounts receivables processing.
- Maintaining affiliation and vendor contracts binder.
- Assisting the Donations department when necessary.
- Assisting during the end-of-year audit engagement.
- Assisting in the annual fundraising banquet and other events.
- Assisting the Controller in with responsibilities in the accounting department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent; knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting; knowledge of local, state and federal laws related to finance and tax; previous experience in general ledger accounting; proficiency in MS Excel.
A good command of the English language and effective verbal and written communications skills.
Familiarity, knowledge and experience working with QuickBooks and SAGE 50 (Peachtree) is desired.
Ability to do limited travel and occasionally work long hours in weekends or during special events.
CAIR offers employees a group health insurance, SIMPLE-IRA, FSA and Commuter benefit plan
Salary: Depending on Experience
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to:
453 New Jersey Avenue SE
Washington, D.C. 20003
CAIR is an “Equal Opportunity Employment” organization