Terms of Employment: Part-time, hourly
Location: 7211 Regency Square Blvd., Suite 201, Houston, TX 77036
Overview CAIR-Houston seeks an organized and committed professional to support and enhance the running of the CAIR-Houston offices and assist with the Director and upper management functions. The Office Administrator should appreciate and understand non-profit and advocacy work. This individual should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and work well in a team-oriented professional setting.
● Support the Director of Operations and upper management in managing files, agendas, travel plans, and appointments
● Manage phone calls and correspondence
● Keep track of invoices and payments to vendors and service providers;
● Complete purchase of and ensure on-time delivery of office supplies;
● File requests for maintenance and cleaning, and follow up on fulfillment;
● Check mail and distribute to appropriate staff members;
● Assist chapter directors and department directors with administrative tasks;
● Answer phones, direct calls, and greet visitors;
● Maintain a directory of internal and external contacts
● Assist in maintaining an orderly, clean, and professional office
● Highly motivated and self-starting
● Strong multitasking skills and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Familiarity with Microsoft and Google Suites required
● Understanding of Microsoft teams
● Proficiency in Canva
● One (1) year of demonstrated understanding of Customer Management Relationship software such as Kindful and Constant Contact
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues, community advocates, and community-based organizations
● Experience in administrative roles in non-profit spaces
● Experience in maintaining electronic databases and filing systems preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Part-time (20 hours weekly) with occasional evenings and weekends required; compensation commensurate with experience
Location and Reporting
The Office Administrator will be based in the CAIR Houston office and reports to the Director of Operations.
Remote work is not available
Commitment and Compensation
Part-time (20 hours weekly) with occasional evenings and weekends required; compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following as PDF attachments:
Email the following: (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) a writing sample (max 2 pages), and (4) the names and contact information of three references (5) the CAIR Houston mission statement to email@example.com with the subject “Office Administrator”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Applications that do not include all requested information in PDF format will not be considered for an interview.
CAIR Houston is an equal opportunity employer.