We are looking for American Muslims willing to share stories of their lives, contributions, hopes and dreams in media interviews. We are also looking for non-Muslim allies who are leaders in business, military, law enforcement, faith and other sectors, as well as everyday people, who are allies to American Muslims.
Your participation will counter stereotypes and the crisis of anti-Muslim hate created by years of defamatory media portrayals, by helping create more realistic TV, radio, newspaper and magazine stories that feature everyday American Muslims’ stories.
We especially need American Muslims nationwide who, inspired by their Islamic faith, are doing great things in life and/or serving as military personnel/veterans, law enforcement officers, public school teachers, firefighters, medics, student athletes, pro athletes, youth starting social or entrepreneurial projects, nurses, retirees, young families, working moms balancing their schedules, non-working moms/dads raising great kids, class valedictorians, musicians, students involved in student gov’t, etc.
No information will be shared until we directly contact anyone recommended and have their express written permission.
Here are just a few examples of media stories that could be created by your suggestions:
- American Muslim teen pursues a career in law inspired by her mom’s experience with discrimination
- Recent college grad, founder of her state’s first mosque-based free medical clinic
- Third generation American Muslim military veteran and his family
- Harvard Law School educated American Muslim woman attorney
- Christian pastors, Jewish allies stand with their American Muslim neighbors, urging others to do the same